Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Letter To My Children:

Dear Little One's

I know you see the way I look at myself in the mirror when I am tying on new clothes. I know you listen to Mommy when she gets frustrated cause her pants shrank in the wash. I know that you hear me mumble under my breath about how unhealthy I am being by eating ANOTHER cupcake or how I swear this is the last Dt. Dr Pepper till the next day about 5 minutes before I grab a new one.

I want you to be proud of your own bodies and how God made each and everyone of you beautiful in your own way. My wish for you is to always look in the mirror and see what I see. To see those beautiful blue eyes that are each a different shade. To see that your personality and crazy quirks make you the most interesting people I know. I hope you look at yourself and see that your missing teeth and freckles are just memories from when you were having fun. 

It is because I want you all to be happy with who you are I will do the same. I am not happy with how I am feeling so I know it is time to change that. I will be working out and eating clean. I will get up early to workout because it doesn't take time away from you all. I will do this because it will be hard and I want to teach everyone that it is worth it. For you to always know that you are worth me doing 2 minutes worth of burpees nonstop. 

My promise to you is that I will not give up and keep going even when I don't want to do it. I will teach you about fitness and nutrition instead of telling you that it isn't healthy. I will lead by example and eat my vegetables even when I want chips or cupcakes. 

I will do this because it is time for me to love myself as much as I love you! 

Love,

Momma


Linked with: 

My Random Musings

reflectionsfromme.com

Domesticated Momster

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely letter. I'm going to take some inspiration from it. It's so much better to lead with actions rather than words. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you found some inspiration from my letter! Thank you so much for stopping by!
      Kristen

      Delete
  2. Great post. It's important to teach children about healthy eating and what better way to do that than by leading by example :)
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful letter! It's not easy being mom & setting a good example day to day for the kiddies. It's also really not easy to loose weight or eat clean after having kids! Your sentiment in the letter is really touching #AnythingGoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! I have decided enough is enough and it's not fair to them. I can change it I just have to stop being lazy. Thanks for stopping by!
      Kristen

      Delete
  4. What a lovely letter. Children do absorb the way we are and so being pro active is wonderful. It is not always easy though because as mums we get torn in so many directions. Best of luck. Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right it is HARD work. I have found that I will allow myself two evenings to go to the gym with the kids. That is just because of a bootcamp that I am doing. Other than that I had to work it around my kids because they are why I do this. Thank you for shopping by!
      Kristen

      Delete
  5. Oh wow. Do you know I had never thought about this topic but I should. I am constantly saying how unhappy I am with my post pregnancy self and not wanting to show my body off. I didn't think how it would affect him (probably because it is a him - which is totally short sighted). But you have really made me think about my actions before it is too late. Thank you. #mummyandus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my 4 year old son who made me think about the way I talk to myself. He didn't mean to do it but one day he called my tummy big and it just hit me that he has heard me talk like that. He was kidding but it still made me think that I needed to change. I am so glad that my experience has helped you!
      Kristen

      Delete
  6. Gosh it is so easy to say these things than do it isn't it?! I know I'm the same I've made a start swapping out the fizzy drinks for flavoured mineral water but I don't eat enough fruit and love a ginger biscuit or half a pack! #mummyandus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I know it is hard work! I have noticed my biggest change has been the snacks I buy and give my kids. I always have tried to give them healthy snacks but now I take a little more time to prepare a snack instead of grabbing a fruit cup.
      Kristen

      Delete
  7. Powerful post! As a child I always hear my mum put herself down and I swore I wouldn't do that in front of my children. I have stuck with this, but I still speak very harshly to myself in my head, I need to work on that!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with me #mummyandus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have tried to not put myself down in front of them by saying I am fat or ugly and I think I have been successful with those words. I however need to work on all the other terms I choose to use instead. Thank you for hosting #mummyandus
      Kristen

      Delete
  8. Lovely post. Sometimes doing what you say and saying what you'll do is the only. Good luck! #mummy&us

    ReplyDelete