Monday, September 21, 2015

Quote of the Week #10


Some days we all look around us and see what all needs to be done which makes the stress piles on. We look at the stack of bills and then at our bank account. If you are all like me you want to crawl into a hole and never come out when it is time to pay your bills. 

This life is one that goes by too quick. You blink and your babies are moving away to collage. You retire and realize you don't have any hobbies so returning to work would be better than sitting on the couch. 

I think we all need to take some time to look around us and realize why we are blessed because I have learned focusing on the positive makes me feel better than focusing on the negative. I will start....

I am blessed because I have 4 beautiful children.
I am blessed because I have food on the table.
I am blessed because I woke up this morning...that's a big one!
I am blessed because I am lucky enough to have a job to pay for things we need and want.
I am blessed because I married a man who starts where I end.
I am blessed because my children have the greatest Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents.
I am blessed because I am LOVED.

Let me know why you are blessed below in the comments. Trust me when I say if you focus on that you will forget about how stressed you are. 

Linked with:

Cuddle Fairy

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Focusing on what we have and relishing in it will help us to be grateful and not forget our many blessings. Love it! #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Some days I have to look at this quote when I am drowning in work and realize I am happy I have a job! Thanks for stopping by!
      Kristen

      Delete
  2. Spot on, it takes a gentle reminder to lift our head and see the sunshine! Thanks for sharing #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right and I use this quote when my kids aren't around for me to see. They are always a great reminder at how blessed I am. Thanks for stopping by!
      Kristen

      Delete
  3. Right on Kristen - focusing on our blessings rather than stress is a great way to look at the day & move forward with positivity & gratefulness. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely quote with #candidcuddles x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! So many things to be thankful for in my life...especially when I read about the true problems with the world. I am blessed to just be me ...the person I am right now in this moment. #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete